Monday 31 October 2011

Purpose

Before everyone jumps the gun here, I do not intend to define everyone's purpose in the universe (even though I am that arrogant, now's not the right time). I would rather focus on the purpose of this blog...


Over the past decade the phenomenon known has the "internet" grown exponentially and so has our dependency on it. We can either fight it or embrace it. Obviously there are people out there making millions/billions who have come to this realisation a lot earlier.


For me, it's not about money really. My purpose for living is to ensure I am always making a (positive) contribution. Not by being a charity or anything of the sort necessarily. Improving the quality of someone's life even for a second makes my day. When last did you give someone a random compliment without any expectations? So the intention of this blog, is to contribute in some way or another. 


Thanks to a talk from the South African 5FM presenter, Gareth Cliff, I've decided to make theme of course to "start thinking". Hopefully by stirring up the cerebral pot, thinking can hopefully lead to positive action. 


Please note: 

  1. This blog only reflects my opinion and facts will be referenced when necessary.
  2. Some of the topics to be included will be offensive, I would recommend not reading the particular post if it is.
  3. I am no expert in many of the topics to be discussed nor am I a professional writer. 
  4. I plead than only constructive comments are posted and of course please ensure they relate to the content of the post. 
  5. Last but not least, take everything here as seriously as you want too. Ignore what you want but take home what you find positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment